Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Facilitates the health and safety management system that addresses at-risk behaviors in order to prevent workplace injuries. Coordinates activities to reach the safety, quality, and financial goals. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Leads the behavior based safety initiative, including training, program maintenance and recordkeeping.
- Prepare and publish mid-monthly and monthly reports related to health and safety performance.
- Address daily employee concerns resulting from suggestions, near miss reporting, and BBS observations.
- Schedule/conduct injury and near miss investigations with supervisor and injured employee completing documentation and follow-up.
- Manage worker’s compensation cases assisting employees in the return to work process.
- Facilitate ergonomics program; perform/conduct/evaluate ergonomic assessments. Provide ergonomics training. Manage database of ergonomic activity.
- Communicate safety and loss prevention goals for WF-E.
- Apply safety programs and policies to meet company goals as part of the health and safety management system.
- Demonstrate safety awareness as a priority objective by adhering to a high standard of personal performance. Lead by example.
- Develop and lead safety vision and strategy resulting in a culture of safety.
- Provide leadership in the implementation and maintenance of the health and safety management system.
- Maintain compliance with all safety, health and environmental laws and regulations issued by federal, state and local agencies and corporate policy.
Associates Degree or actively pursuing a degree in a field, which is deemed relevant to the position. 3-5 years’ experience in the occupational health field and/or EMT training preferred.
- Computer skills, which include all Microsoft programs.
- Possess and demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to conduct team meetings, classroom training and develop materials and make presentations.
- The ability to recognize at risk behaviors throughout the entire plant.
- Flexible work schedule for shift and department mobility.
- Demonstrated leadership ability in the following areas:
- Conflict resolution
- Policy adherence
- Legal aspects
- Promotion of company philosophy
- Respect for workforce
- Positive attitude
- Fair and ethical treatment of employees
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance
- Employer funded retirement plan
- Paid vacations/holidays
- Wellness program
- Fitness membership
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.