Quality Assurance Manager
Why Waupaca Foundry?
Waupaca Foundry, Inc. is North America’s leading supplier of iron castings and has a history of innovation with a legacy of product quality. Waupaca Foundry employs approximately 4,400 people company-wide.
Waupaca Foundry is committed to relentless improvement, forward-thinking sustainability initiatives, and providing a reliable experience to the millions who use our castings every day. Our goal is to employ individuals who take pride in their work within a culture of continual innovation.
Waupaca Foundry is proud to be an employer of choice for those driven and skilled individuals seeking rewarding careers by producing top quality castings.
You will be right at home at Waupaca Foundry.
Cast Your Own Future.
More information is available on our website www.waupacafoundry.com
Quality Assurance Manager
Manages the Quality Assurance Departments making sure that all departments at WF-E follow all procedures that affect final product quality.
- Interface directly with customers to resolve quality problems.
- Manages the QA lab. Makes sure the lab is neat and orderly at all times.
- Tracks and reports key quality trends for the management team.
- Acts as the management representative for ISO 14001 and TS-16949.
- Monitors customer portals as needed.
- Assures that all products shipped from WF-E meet customer specifications.
- Conducts internal audits on WF-E quality system; reports results to management.
- Produces monthly reports pertaining to scrap (internal/external), quality trends, corrective actions, etc.
- Generates and analyzes statistical data for continuous improvement for all departments.
- Works with outside customers to resolve quality issues.
- Supervises QA staff, responsible for all lab tests, etc. that support production.
- Makes sure departmental personnel follow all company policies (payroll, time and attendance, etc).
- Responsible for managing QA department within budgetary guidelines.
- Conducts performance appraisals as required.
- Interviews/selects new employees as required.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university and/or five to ten years related experience.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Has working knowledge of TS-16949 and ISO 14001 requirements.
- Writes reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively presents information and responds to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Applies advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Applies mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Defines problems, collects data, establishes facts, and draws valid conclusions.
- Interprets an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Solid work history.
- Creates a collaborative team environment.
- Maintains a flexible work schedule.
Waupaca Foundry offers competitive wages and exceptional benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Short and long term disability.
- Life insurance.
- Employer funded retirement plan.
- Paid vacations/holidays.
- Wellness program.
- Fitness membership.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
- Employer supported career development, including tuition reimbursement.
Waupaca Foundry is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.