This position is based at Evapco’s Greenup, IL facility and this position will report to the General Manager. This position will oversee all aspects of the organization’s quality-related business improvement efforts, which include maintaining, developing, and administrating quality programs. The Quality Assurance Manager will also direct training and coaching of all team members in related quality programs and initiatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Establishes and maintains quality and reliability standards set forth by Evapco and by studying product and consumer requirements with other members of management and with production operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Responsible for establishing strategic plans, policies and procedures at all levels so quality improvement efforts will meet or exceed internal and external customers’ needs and expectations.
- Establishes and complies with current raw material standards by studying corporate manufacturing and engineering requirements; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes and complies with current in-process product inspection standards by studying manufacturing methods; devising testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes and complies with current standards for the disposition of finished product by devising evaluation tests, methods, and procedures.
- Establishes and complies with current rework standards by devising inspection and physical testing methods and procedures.
- Establishes and complies with current product quality documentation system by writing and updating internal quality assurance procedures.
- Maintains product quality by enforcing corporate and local quality assurance policies and procedures and government requirements; collaborating with other members of management to develop new product, engineering, manufacturing recommendations and training methods.
- Prepares product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Completes quality assurance operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains quality assurance staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, training and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing the quality assurance budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
EVAPCO, Inc. is an industry leading manufacturing company with global resources and solutions for worldwide heat transfer applications. We are dedicated to designing and manufacturing the highest quality products for the evaporative cooling and industrial refrigeration markets around the globe. Our worldwide clients are supported through our manufacturing facilities and sales offices strategically located around the world.
Headquartered in Taneytown, Maryland, EVAPCO products are manufactured in 22 locations in 10 countries by nearly 3000 employees and supplied through a sales network of more than 170 offices. Founded in 1976, EVAPCO’s mission is to provide first class service and quality products in the following markets:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, leadership abilities, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent PC-based application skills such as MS Office (Word, Excel, Power-Point)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment to meet customer requirements and expectations
- Ability to lead change and innovation
- Ability to solve problems analytically with root cause analysis tools
- 3 or more years of successful leadership experience, is required.
- Four-year degree, in a relatable field of study, is required.
- Ongoing/current Quality Training Certification(s), is/are preferred.
- Training and practical experience using quality tools including: Root Cause Analysis, Fishbone Diagrams, 5 Whys, Pareto Analysis, 8D Methodology, and Product & Process Controls, is/are preferred.
- Six Sigma and Lean experience related to; Mistake Proofing, Standard Work, Process Mapping, Value Stream Mapping, 8 Wastes, Kaizen, and Continuous improvement, is/are preferred.
- Commercial HVAC (buildings, apartments, universities & hospitals)
- Industrial Process (data centers, manufacturing plants & oil/gas refinery)
- Power (power plants & power generation projects)
The powerful combination of business strength and technical expertise has established the company as a recognized manufacturer of market-leading products on a worldwide basis.
We have earned a reputation for technological innovation and superior product quality by featuring products that are designed to offer operating advantages including:
- Industrial Refrigeration (food processing centers & beverage production)
EVAPCO is an employee-owned company with a strong emphasis on research and development. We are committed to providing the most advanced products in the industry – Technology for the Future, Available Today! We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including competitive wages, excellent healthcare benefits, ESOP, and a Profit Sharing Program. For more information about our products and company, visit our website at www.evapco.com!
- Higher system efficiency
- Environmentally friendly
- Lower annual operating costs
- Reliable, simple operation and maintenance
- Sound reduction
- Water management